Monday, December 29, 2014

14 months and Christmas

Wonderful Christmas week here is the wonderful land of Victoria. This has been one of the greatest Christmas's of my life. Not going to lie I was sad to be away from my family this Christmas season. again. But Heavenly Father really made it a Christmas to never forget. First of all this week we had amazing weather all week. It was 10c (50f) all week, that's my kind of Christmas. I think I had my fill for snow from last year.
   On Christmas eve this year we were trying to find out recent convert Ruby so we could give her our Christmas present. We called the party she was supposed to be at so we could surprise her. She wasn't there. So we eventually called her to find out she didn't want to leave her boss home alone on Christmas. So she invited us over (we had never been invited in her boss's home before) Sister Dexter and I ran around finding different Christmas items to bring to there house. It ended up being so much fun. We sang Christmas carols and her boss has invited us back. Afterwards we went to a German Christmas eve party (Amber you would be so proud) We had a Christmas tree lighting and then sand Christmas carols in German and English :) It was so full of the spirit I couldn't even believe it.
   Christmas morning we did our studies and opened presents and then I had the wonderful opportunity to Skype my family!!!! I was so excited! I hadn't seen my family in 14 months!! I Just love you all so much! I loved seeing all of you and hope much you haven't all changed! Sometimes I feel like I am going to come home to my nephews ageing like 10years haha. After skype we went out caroling with another set of missionaries. It was funny because it was like we were holding people hostage at their door. haha They didn't want to slam the door. It was awesome haha
   Christmas night we ate dinner with a family in our ward. They are from Whales and Porto Rico. Then we finished up the night with the lovely recent convert Erika from Vancouver YSA. She was home in Victoria for Christmas. So we got to go hang out with her and her Chinese family on Christmas night. Talk about a lot of ethnicity. I loved it. I even got to play a Christmas song on the piano for Erika's family (mom you would be so proud of my piano playing skills)
   I just loved being able to be here for Christmas this year. There isn't anywhere I would rather be! Also I cant believe I have been gone for 14 months!!! Seeing my family I was like "where did the time go?"
I hope you all have a wonderful week and I love you all and Happy New Year!!!!!!!
Love
Your island Princess
Sister Emmaline Neubert

No comments:

Post a Comment