Monday, March 3, 2014

Dream come true

What a wonderful week!!! This week we had the opportunity of being able to fly down to Vancouver and come together as an entire mission. So 300 missionaries coming from every end of British Columbia. From Ferry, Bus and Plane. Thankfully I got to do what I love best and fly down. When our flight ended I told my companion to wait until everyone was off the plane. After we waited I asked the pilot if I could look up to the front of the plane. I explained how I would love to be a pilot someday and how I was going to school to become one before I came out on my mission. He was so excited that he said "well then, why don't you take a seat!" Don't mind if I do! He let me push some buttons and we talked about planes for a second and then he gave a snowbirds pin and a sticker. I felt like a child, oh well. I was so excited!!!! All the other missionaries were slightly jealous! But I was simply beaming!!!!
   It was a wonderful weekend in Vancouver! I thought I had gone all country being up north. But the second they put me around the city streets I remembered I was born to not live in the country!!! Its nice for a time. But I love being around people24/7! I talked with 40 people in an hour down there. That usually takes us 2 days up in Vanderhoof! Oh and there was SO many Chinese people down there. So I got to brush up on some of my mandarin :) I was in heaven! 
   Then to add onto that we had the most wonderful mission conference that night. It was so great to have the entire mission together! We even got to take a mission picture. That's when being short comes in handy!! I was front row and centre! Right behind my mission President and his wife! I also got to see the lovely sister shelley and sister dexter down there. They have become my kindred spirit friends. :)
   The following morning we had the chance to have a mission conference with Elder Christofferson (quorum of the twelve apostles) Bishop Causse (1st councilor in the presiding bishopric) Elder Aidukitis (first quorum of the seventy) Elder Christenson (area seventy). It was such an amazing experience.  I had the opportunity to shake all of their hands. They are such amazing and inspired men. The spirit was so strong and it was something I will never forget. 
   This week was fantastic week and it was a great week to be a missionary! I am so grateful for the chance I have to be a missionary. This gospel is so true and God is truly hastening his work. 
I hope everyone has a great week and I love you all :)

CTR

Sister emmaline neubert

(Emmaline and her MTC companion sister dexter) 
Emmaline and her current comp
Plane ride! 
Happy girl! 

No comments:

Post a Comment