Monday, February 24, 2014

4 months!

   Another wonderful week in the beautiful land of Canada. I cant believe I hit my 4 month mark this week. Who knew that after 3 months time starts to fly?! This week dipped back down into the -25's again and my little fingers feel like they are going to freeze off. Hopefully people wont judge me when I come home with 3 fingers. Then I can finally do a great T-Rex impersonation :)
   Sister MacMillan was feeling better this week so we jumped right back into work. We still wanted to take it a little easy so that her body could rest and heal but she is just non stop all the time that I have to sit down and tell her to rest. Shes just hard core and all. I seriously love my ward so much! they tell me all the time that they love me and they will be sad when the day comes for me to leave. Hopefully that wont be any time soon. I am okay going somewhere new, but only if I can take the ward with me :)
   Funny story of the week. We were over at one of out investigators houses and when we knocked she opened the door and was telling us about how she just got a new dog. Right then the new dog bolted out the door down the street.So of course we all start running down the street trying to get the dog. I live in a logging town, so of course there is forest everywhere. So the dog bolts into the woods. Sister MacMillan without a second thought takes after it. and since that whole "sight and sound" applies I went trudging through the woods too. Thankfully it was mid day so the sun was out. In the end we ended up in snow up to our hips and sister MacMillan was stuck! haha. The dog eventually ran over to his owner and I dug sister MacMillan out of the snow. Its moments like this that make me so beyond happy for where I am serving and for stories like this when I am 90 years old. I will tell my grandbabies about my missionary times in Canada. 
   We saw some amazing miracles in out investigators this last week. We are teaching a couple Amanda and her fiancée Curtis. they are both in there young 20's and they have both been so prepared to receive this gospel (even though everyone I meet I feel is ready to be baptised) They agreed to read the book of mormon and they told us about how they have waiting to find something that works for them. I am just so excited for them. They have had a lot of sadness in their lives and I just want them to know that God loves them.
   A lesson that I learned this week is that people need to be converted and re-converted to this gospel everyday! That it doesn't need to be a Sunday activity. That you should be talking about the gospel everyday of the week and sharing the happiness that it brings you with others. 
   I hope everyone has a great week. I love all of you and I hope you all choose to teach the right!!! 
ctr
xoxo 
Sister Emmaline Neubert

No comments:

Post a Comment