Monday, December 9, 2013

Week 3!

Well week three. I have finally hit my 1 month mark of being out on a mission. It has been the hardest/ most amazing month of my life. I have never seen so many miracles and blessing. This is truly the lords work and we are just his instruments in bringing this work forward. 
I had the chance to go to Prince George this week for a companionship exchange. Holy cow it was like a metropolis of people!! they even had a Wal-Mart! that's when you know you've hit the big city. Sister Gibb and I met some crazy people, but I guess Prince George is the drug capital of BC so yea. Dont worry mom, we stayed in the safe areas! Sister Gibb is a super hard core missionary. We would run in-between the houses because she wanted to see as many people as possible! I'm not a lazy missionary. But when I have 20 layers on and huge boots on the last thing I want to do is run! I learned so much from her though.
So when I made my way back into my little logging town I was on a mission to find people. Sister Shelley and I found 8 new investigators this week! that's insane just incase you were wondering!! Our zone broke the record for new investigators last week with 60. But then this week we got like 90 something. So basically we are preaching up the ying yang in Canada!
Sister Shelley and I felt like the 2 worst Americans ever because we thought Thanksgiving was last week. Not until all the Canadians were telling us "Happy Thanksgiving" did we realize. So I hope you all had a great holiday!
Thankfully in was only around -1C all week. So we were basically running around naked outside.(NOT) but we only needed like 2 layers instead of 20. But this morning I woke up to -20 again. so we are back in the cold. We decorated our apartment with all these Christmas decorations a less active grandma gave us (she hasnt been to church in 4 years, but she loves us!). So now it looks like Santas workshop. Or an Elf threw up a ton of plaid! but hey that makes us feel right at home! If I had bare walls I would provably go insane!
Well I hope everyone has a great first week of December. and when you feel in the slightest bit cold think of me (its okay if you laugh a little, because even I laugh at myself!) then move forward with your day!
hug hug kiss kiss
CTR
Sister Neubert

No comments:

Post a Comment