Thursday, November 14, 2013

Last of the MTC


Well she is off! Emmaline went to Canada this past Wednesday and she couldn't be MORE excited. She is ready to share the gospel and is so excited to meet all these amazing people up North! Emmalines friend Jace is from Vancouver and he contacted her mission president there and told him to send her to the furthest (coldest) place NORTH as possible. haha So we cant wait to get an email telling us how she is doing and what she is up to. Below are her most recent letters from the MTC!
 
Sup Mia Familia,
Well "lyfe" at the MTC is still going strong. I figure I might as well tell you what I do from day to day. And because that what Dad asks me everyday!
Well I wake up at 6:30 am (that's right I am obedient) we thankfully have personal study till 7:30 so I get to get ready for an hour. Then we go to breakfast and then off to class for some more personal study for an hour and then companion/district study for a couple hours. then we have a teacher come in for 3-4 hours of class.
LUNCH
Back to class for another 4 hours. We usually will teach our pretend investigators once or twice a day. I cant believe how much I have learned here! I actually understand the Plan of Salvation, Christ gospel on the earth and the Restoration. Its like EFY on steroids!Oh and then we eat dinner and have gymn somewhere in there. The first week here the food made me super sick! But now its not so bad. All of my Elders in my district had their companions go to the doctor for the flu. It was nasty. The only ones in my whole district that haven't gotten sick were me and my companion.
I am sleeping like a baby every night. The second my head hits that pillow I am out for the count. We try to be in bed by 10:30. But sometimes its 11 (oh well I will survive.)
Anyways!
Well Ali no joke is 2 doors down from me and we talk all day long. I am going to miss the MTC just for the point of not being able to see Teal, Jace and Ali all the time. When I get to Canada I will really be all by myself. I am really excited to get to the airport! Maybe I will be able to find our friend Mike Card there!
Well sorry this letter is so stinking long. We are sitting in a 8hr class right now. So that basically sums up my life. I leave Wednesday and the crack of dawn. Tell Sophie I love her and good luck with all of her men. Maybe she will kiss someone while I am gone. Hopefully she doesn't follow my example with men and my social skills.....they were lacking. hahaha
Oh also tell Heath and Hannah hola. Tell Arland that his Auntie Umm loves him, and give him a big kiss for me. Also give Porter a love hug and kiss from me. Keep having Arland pretend play call me.
Love you all!
Sister Neubert
 (above) emmaline and ali
(above) emmaline and her companion
 Sister Holm had to go to the oral surgeon. So I had the awesome chance to break through the walls of the MTC to go with her! They even had music playing in the background. It was AWESOME!
 (above) Sunday walks at the temple. Its like the biggest feeling of freedom!


 
Emmaline and our neighbor Joe Morgan
 
November 6, 2013
 
What a week!!! The MTC is nothing like I thought it would be. I thought it was just a big sob fest for everyone that had never lived away from home. I thought I would be a wreck. But I have been totally fine! I love you Ma and Pa and I love getting things sent to me. You all should try sending me more DEAR ELDERS!!!! they seriously make a world of difference. 
Well we basically sit in class for 17hrs a day! I thought college was tiring! All I can say is thank goodness for not learning a language! I would die! I have NO idea how sister Bickmore (Teal) does it. I would go mentally insane! Its so tiring here. You have the spirit running through your emotions 24/7 and are supposed to be happy and perky all the time. This week has been the longest and yet the shortest week of my life. But I have never learned so much so fast ever. Its like trying to get a 4 year degree in one week. Its insane! I realized that I actually do know a lot about this gospel and I cant wait to share it! I leave for Canada on November 13th at like 12pm. So if Mike Card is working tell him to stop by and say hello. Thank you for the packages. When I got it I ran into Teal so I gave some to her district to have a happy Halloween. Then we had a party also! I see Teal almost everyday and Jace every couple days. I know about 10 people here right now. I am probably the most popular girl on campus ;) who knew I was darn amazing ;) 
We have been teaching pretend investigators and my companion and I rock the socks off of all of them! Its weird to adjusting to missionary life but worth every second! Getting more then 4hrs of sleep at night is the greatest thing off my life! 
I love you all and I have never been more happy in my life! (except for playing with my 2 little love muffin nephews) All of my companions are jealous at how I get packages with everything awesome in them! I love you all! CTR
Sister Neubert

No comments:

Post a Comment