Monday, March 23, 2015

The Finale: Homeward Bound


Where has the last year and a half gone? I don't even know what to say about my mission. So I decided to put my mission down into 18 points.
1. Vanderhoof: Where I was able to grow my roots. I was able to learn that I can do hard things. Whether it be freezing to death outside in -40 and tracting or knocking the same doors over and over and over again. I found my mission families (Allreds, Fawcetts) I will never be the same after being in Vanderhoof. "I had a honking good time in Vanderhoof"
2. Spring Fawcett: Thank you for being one of my favorite mini missionaries. also for teaching me about personal revelation.
3. Sister Dexter: My eternal life long companion ;)
4.Tracting (knocking door to door) Dracting (driving ranch to ranch vanderhoovian style) See spot run (see a person. stop. and run to them and talk) street contacting Van city style
5. Abbotsford: Pushing me to really learn the Bible
6.President Tillman: Strict obedience, learning the higher law
7. My cheerleading team back home: I cant thank you all enough. I loved being able to get onto my email and have 30+ emails every week THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT!
8.Vancouver: Where I grew my wings and learned I could truly fly
9.The Book of Mormon: Proof that God loves all of his children
10. Heidi Mak: One day an investigator the next one the best recent converts ever!
11.President Burt: How to follow the spirit, eternal lifelong principals
12.Sister Sheilds: (my Victoria landlord) Teaching me new and amazing mind blowing crazy spiritual things everyday.
13.My testimony: The chance that I have to bear my testimony each and everyday multiple times a day
14.My companions: Thank you for teaching me how to love and learn and have fun and everything. Love you all!!!!!
15:Victoria: My lovely retirement community full of people I love and adore
16:Joseph Smith: He was an amazing prophet of God and was meant to bring in the last dispensation
17. Jesus Christ: For being the most perfect example and striving to be like him everyday
18. Heavenly Father: He never left me helpless or hopeless. Truly a loving Father.
I know these are super random points. But my mission has truly been the greatest experience of my entire life. For sure one of the hardest as well. This week really put me through the ringer. I have a testimony that Heavenly Father will only give us what we can handle and he knew I could only handle this lesson if it weren't for the fact that I am going home next week. I am so grateful for these lessons and the chance I have to be able to be made stronger.
    I just want to share my testimony with you that I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day saints is the true church on the earth today. that Joseph Smith was called of God to restore the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ will never abandon us. We just have to learn how to put our trust in him and never forget that He is always there. Heavenly Father Loves us so much that he gave us the Book of Mormon. It is a record of the ancient inhabitants of the Americas. I Know this gospel is true. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
   I love you all so much. I will see you all so soon! Just know how much I love you and how this gospel truly changes lives!!!
Sister Emmaline Neubert

No comments:

Post a Comment