Sunday, August 10, 2014

9 months

Oh how the time has flown! I can not believe that I have been gone 9 months. Where did Halloween, Christmas and July go? time is just zooming right along! 
   Where to even begin this week has been wild and crazy. Well for starters I got another new companion. go figure, I move around a lot. Her name is Sister Mathialagan. She is from India. She is the sweetest little thing ever. She has been on her mission for 6 months and this is her first time ever going outside of India! She is a convert of 3 years and has the biggest fire burning testimony. Also she speaks 4 languages and the Indian people here just love here! I am so blessed to serve with her!
   This week has been crazy. We had a baptism this Sunday. It was super last minute. We started teaching Monique 3 weeks ago. She received amormon.org card and checked out the website and requested a book or mormon. She was later passed to us because we are the Vancouver YSA missionaries. She is amazing and truly wants to come closer to Christ. She was prepared for baptism in 3 weeks  So we were running around like chickens with out head cut off trying to finalize everything. By the time we were ready to have her jump into her jumpsuit we realized she didn't have a shirt to wear underneath. So of course I take the shirt off my own back and let her wear it. Tha'ts why I am wearing my blazer buttoned in the picture below ;)  We finally had everything all figured out and then the water in the font was scalding hot. So we had to run the ice cold water for a second and have some of the elders grab some ice buckets and throw it in. In the end Monique was baptized! I am so excited to see her progress in this gospel! She is going to thrive !
   Such an amazing week this week we are just finding people like mad. Mostly Indian people :) I hope you all have a wonderful week and I love you all so much!!!
CTR 
Sister Emmaline Neubert



No comments:

Post a Comment