Tuesday, November 4, 2014

One year!


My dearest Family and friends,
   Oh how the last year of my life has just flashed before my eyes. Some days are longer then others but I can hands down say that my mission has changed me in so many ways in the last year and I am so beyond excited to see the new adventures and challenges that await me in the next 6 months. I love my mission. I love the wonderful people I have been able to meet and the life long friendships that have been build. I love British Columbia Canada so much! I thank my Heavenly Father every day that I am so close and can visit :)
   Victoria is still the bomb. I love it here so much. I love my companion Sister Dexter. We are just laughing so much. Sometimes we need to control ourselves. Also I don't know if its because we are both from Utah. But we have the thickest hick/Utah accent ever when we are around each other! I am just so nervous I am going to carry this accent home. Hopefully I can knock it out of before then. :)
   We are teaching some amazing people right now. Ruby is from the Philippines and is a doll she has been taught for a long time and in 3 different countries/ But she feels that now is the time to be baptized :) We are also teaching a wonderful mom named Sandra. She has lived all over the world her whole life. She is trying to find inner peace and some light in her life through God. She sees how happy we are and how and wants to strive to have happiness in her life for her and her family.
   Sister Dexter and I had a cool experience this week where we got to have a missionary return from her mission in Japan stay with us for a day. She returned home and the stake President couldn't release her, so she wanted to continue doing missionary work after she saw her family of course. So Sister Dexter and I got to spend a lovely day with Sister Nigh. We learned so much from her and how to preserver and have fun till the end of our missions. I felt like I had Sister Teal Bickmore sitting in the back seat of my car all day. It was the best!
   It rains a. lot. here! Thank goodness my hair does so well in the rain... not. I am just rocking a braid all day ere day. I will take the rain any day then the -40, 5ft of snow that I did last year.
   I hope you all have a wonderful week I love you all so much! Keep choosing the right!
x o x o x o x o x o
Love,
Your Island Princess
Sister Emmaline Neubert



No comments:

Post a Comment