Monday, January 20, 2014

Believe

Some funny stories for everyone this week.
So to start things off Sister Shelley and I were out knocking on some doors one night and we came to this house that had some lights on and we didn't have a bad feeling and there was a truck in the driveway with fresh snow tracks. So we go up and knock on the door and no one answered. Then we (NOT CREEPILY!) look in the window right by the door and we see that the house is under construction and no one was inside. So as we are walking down the drive way we see footprints that lead from the truck straight into the woods and then they disappear! Basically I felt like Jacob Black was chilling in the trees watching us. So I freaked Sister Shelley out and we started running down the driveway :)

(for Noah) Later this week we were out talking to people on the street and we passed the high school and the students were out playing ultimate Frisbee. I thought of my brother right off the bat. But then I saw that they were running weird. We got closer and we noticed they were wearing snow shoes! Seriously only in Canada is the snow to deep to play ultimate Frisbee on normal ground! Noah you would probably die and go to heaven!

On Thursday we were out talking to people and we knocked on this door and I introduced myself. So when sister Shelley went to introduce herself she had this super confused look on her face like she didn't understand something. But she told me later on that I told him MY name was Sister Shelley. I guess I have been with my companion for too long when I start telling people I am her! haha

Well on a more spiritual note (because im a missionary) We were teaching a family in our ward that has 3 super funny kids. We were talking about Jesus and God and I asked the 5 year old if she believed in Jesus. She said no, and that she only believes in Santa and her best friend. Her mom just laughed, so we moved along with the rest of our lesson. But then on Sunday the little girls mom was giving the relief society lesson and brought up that experience and how she felt she needed to work harder as a mom to help her children understand Christ. So after we left her house the night we visited her family she asked her daughter why she doesn't believe in Jesus Christ and her daughter simply replied " I don't need to believe because I KNOW he lives" 
Its experiences like these that I know God and Jesus Christ are closer then the world really thinks. That a 5 year old girl can KNOW that Jesus Christ is real! I hope you all have a great week and remember how much God and Jesus Christ love each of us!
Love
Sister Neubert

No comments:

Post a Comment